What is home Health care?
Home Health Care includes to any type of care (medical or non-medical), which is provided to the patient in their home. Home care also refers to non-medical care such as Companionship/Homemaking Services or Personal Care Services.
These services are given by a variety of skilled home care professionals in your home. The home staff provides and helps coordinate the care and/or therapy your doctor orders. Along with the doctor, home health staff creates a written plan for your care. It details what services you will receive in order to reach and keep your best physical, mental, and social well-being. The home
What are the services that are available for me...?
- Physicians who may recommend home health care services. They also authorize a coordinated treatment plan and periodically review services.
- Nurses provide skilled services for the patient supervise other caregivers and coordinate patient care with the physician. They may also train family members and friends to assist the professional caregivers and to help care for the patient.
- Home Health Aides
- Home health aides assist with a patient's personal care needs and are supervised by a nurse from the home health care agency. Typical assistance may include bathing, dressing, grooming, companionship, meal preparation and light housekeeping.
- Medical Social Workers
- Medical social workers assist the patient and family in a variety of ways by providing counseling services and directing them to other resources relevant to their situation. For example, medical social workers may help the patient obtain financial assistance or help him/ her meet certain emotional needs.
Is home health care for seniors only?
People of all ages use home health care services—from senior citizens to young children. few examples include:
- people who are able to be discharged from a hospital or nursing home but need additional care;
- people who are terminally ill and want to live their final days with dignity surrounded by their loved ones in the comfort of their own home;
- people who have short-term health needs; and
- people who need assistance, due to age or disability, to remain at home
How the home care service is initiated?
Your doctor, the patient or family member can initiate service. the patient can directly contact with the home health agency and request free home care assessment. Nevertheless, Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance require physician order. Once the physician authorizes home health care, he/she authorizes a coordinated treatment plan, commonly called a "Care plan" and periodically reviews services and the patient's care plan progress. If a physician does not prescribe home health care, but the individual still desires services, a home health agency can suggest a plan of care to meet a wide variety of needs and budgets.
I have a Home Care service but I don't get enough service based of my needs. What can I do?
The patient or family member can appeal to request an additional hours or service by contact the home health agency.
Does my insurance cover the home care service?
Medicare, Medicaid or other health insurances will cover the cost of home health care services. Most of agencies have funding to help low income people who cannot afford the private pay option. The home health care agency will be able to assist in determining if the services you need are covered or if you need to make other arrangements.
Some insurance policies will not cover all home health care services unless certain conditions are met. You can still obtain care without insurance coverage through the most of home care agency on a private pay basis.
Why should I choose Kaal Home Healthcare?
Kaal home health care is multicultural agency where everyone is a respected. In addition, we make every attempt to have every client receive personalized attention. Kaal home health care is one of a few companies clients can call and speak directly to one of the owners if they desire. So if you or a loved one needs home health care, call us for free assessment at (612) 872-1950.
How could I contact Kaal Home Healthcare, Inc for free assessment?
You can call us at: 612.872.1950 or E-mail us using our Contact Form